Thursday, March 15, 2012

A Love Letter

-->
 This is my 100th post on this blog and I thought about doing something cool to celebrate, but that wasn't what was in my heart. So, yay for 100 posts...let's move on....

My husband and I were talking this evening in the van, where we have many of our most meaningful conversations. I was telling him some things that have been in my heart for the past few days. I feel like God wants me to go deeper with some of the things I write on my blog, but I don’t really know if I’m ready to expose so much of myself. But then again, I can’t really ignore it.  One thing I mentioned to him was how I feel more appreciative of God’s grace and love, having experienced some true  lows in my life.  So, I sit here tonight, praying and this is what is in my heart. It is a love letter to God.


It was dark and cold. I was so forlorn. My soul was desolate and I was unyielding, though I knew the truth.

I disregarded all I knew. All the verities I knew of You. I made the choice to keep about my ways; despite my loss of joy and my pain.

Sometimes the truth isn’t always easy to embrace. Sometimes it is easier to make the wrong choice. Yet You remain, steadfast and true.

Then I truly experienced your grace. I allowed you to overtake me and pursue the depths of my soul. You embraced me and showed me love, like I’ve never experienced before. Because this time, I was ready to accept that love. You have always loved me the same, but I’m a rather obstinate creature.  I ran away from your love.

So here I am, still open to receiving that outpouring of love. It has made me a new creation. I love others differently because I want to see them how You see them -beautiful souls made in your image.

I am nothing without You and I have everything because of You. It is in You that I place my trust. My faith. My life. I am Yours and I’m no longer lonely. I have a peace that comes only from You.  You are Good and I’m glad I am Yours.

2 comments: