Monday, March 12, 2012

Randomness for March


I haven't felt really random lately, but I am tonight. Probably because I'm bored. My husband isn't home and I haven't seen him all day because he left before I work up for the day. My children are in bed and I'm slowly sipping a glass of wine and I really want to snack, but my thighs don't need me to snack.

I often have to remind myself that the little things may not make sense, but they will add up to the big picture. That seems to have been my motto for this past week. The Big Picture. 

I'm really excited that I'm going to Bonnaroo for the first time ever this summer! I'm going to camp with my niece, Amanda, whom I love dearly. I have some super cool friends going as well. Since I have been a mom to three children, I have not been away from them. Actually, I don't think I've been away from my children since Kadie has been born. I really need this break. It is still three months away. Sam isn't weaned yet, so I will take my pump and I am pretty worried about how that will work out. Chris said if he gets too crazy, he will bring him to me so I can nurse him.  I mostly excited about seeing Phish since they were one of my favorites in my early twenties. I'm pretty excited about several of the bands and looking forward to finding new musicians.


I've made my spring cleaning list and even if I work diligently on it every day, I think it is going to take me two months to complete. We have a lot of projects that need to be done. We have quickly outgrown our home and I feel like all I do is reorganize rooms to make them more efficient.

I really want to adopt a child from China. Not this year, but within the next several years. I started researching the country requirements last night. It is hella expensive. Going to keep praying for open doors and signs. Our current house wouldn't really accommodate another child, so many things will have to change.

So, I'm starting to run again. I'm only really a week into it. I'm absolutely determined to be able to run a 5K by this summer. It really has nothing to do with weight loss. I mean, I'd love to lose weight, but I just want to be able to run without stopping.

If we end up getting Harrison a keyboard or piano for his birthday, I'm totally learning to play with him. I have ALWAYS wanted to know how to play the piano. Just because I'm about to be 35, doesn't mean a thing.

Speaking of 35....ugh. Seriously. How is that even possible? It makes me want to vomit. I don't really feel 35. Many days I feel mentally feel like a 12 year old. Most days, I probably act like a 70 year old. Ha. But seriously, Chris better make this depressing birthday extra special or I just might lock myself in my bathroom with a bottle of wine. (Chris - take this as your written hint that I need extra attention on this birthday to deal with my depression of being old). Chris actually asked me last night that if we already act like we are 70, how will we really act when we are 70? I should add, that he is equally the mental 12 year old that I am, and has the actions of a 70 year old. We were truly made for each other.

I really love my fleece owl PJ's that I'm wearing. These happen to be the exact same pants I had to wear inside of Battle Academy because Harrison was late and I had to walk him into the office for his pass. (Note to self: change into sweat pants tomorrow morning, just in case the owl PJs are some kind of bad omen)

This morning, I took a picture of our giant mound of laundry and texted it to Chris. The message attached said, "I've been involved with Laundry since I was a teenager. This weekend, I tried hard to ignore Laundry because I feel like I spend more time with Laundry than I do with you. Well, Laundry simply will not leave me alone. I can't get away from Laundry. So as much as I hate to say this, I'm never going to be able to kick Laundry out of my life and I hope you can forgive me. :)"

I'm thankful he gets my warped sense of humor and understands this weird unwanted affair I have with Laundry. I'd actually really like to break up with Laundry, but dang it...Laundry won't go away.

I will end this post on that note. For anyone who made it this far...thanks! haha.




No comments: