Monday, February 18, 2013

Lent 2013

-->
Last year it was very clear that God wanted me to give up worrying for my Lenten journey and I did just that. Now, I’m not perfect and I still worry some, but I have definitely learned how to nip it in the bud and how to allow myself to feel God’s peace. I’ve really been seeking what God wants to instill in me during this Lenten season and I just can’t narrow it down and we are almost one week into it. I really want to be a more self disciplined person and I want to find joy in daily life no matter what the circumstances, but I can’t really think of something to give up.

Then it hits me. Hits me straight in the face (as I’m typing this actually). God wants me to rely on Him. Give Him myself. Give up my stubborn streak and my independence. Let God take the lead. I mean, I pray about my decisions and I do seek His guidance, but there is so much that I try to handle myself before I take it to Him. Sort of like I’m an inconvenience to Him and I need to try to handle it myself before I bother Him with it. God is perfect and He isn’t inconvenienced by me asking for help or advice. He has given me a book to use to seek those truths. He has given me a way to communicate with Him.

So there you have it. My Lenten journey will be comprised of God teaching me to sit on the sidelines. I’m going to truly seek His guidance in all. I’m going to try to focus on scriptures I know and learn new ones to help me when I need to know which way to turn. I’m going to utilize more often that open line I have to Him all day.

Here I am God. You are in control. You’ve got this. I place my full trust in You.

Proverbs 3: 5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
Do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek His will in all you do,
And He will show you which path to take.

2 comments:

mirth1 said...

So glad I have you as my friend.

mirth1 said...

So glad to call you a friend :)