Monday, December 05, 2011

ABC's

I woke up this morning thinking today was going to be a wonderful day. It felt poetic. I generally don't wake up happy because I stay up too late and get up too early, so it is a process for me. Usually a process that involves several cups of coffee.

Today has been one of those days that I want to forget. In fact, my wonderful husband is bringing me a bottle of wine home so that I can chill out. That actually makes me really, really happy.

But I'm not actually going to write about my terrible day. I really don't care about it anymore. It is a just a day and all of the unpleasant things that happened today really won't matter by the end of the week. Some of them won't even matter by tomorrow.

I'm just blogging tonight just because. I'm feeling quite random. Well, I'm never completely random because I'm a little bit OCD. I think I'm going to list all of the things in my head that come to mind with each letter of the alphabet. I feel like blogging but I really don't have any meaningful words to post. I'm feeling quite the opposite right now. So here goes...

A- Amazing Grace -my favorite song
B- Box of wine that my husband just arrived with and we can't remember if it was the good kind that we liked or the gross kind that sat on top of the fridge until we poured it out. A close second was Banjo. I am starting to have a thing for banjos, especially dudes who play banjos. I may relent and let Chris purchase one.
C-Cacti - I used to have a cacti collection when I was a young girl.
D- Dread locks. I want them and I'm going to start out with some wool ones really soon.
E- Elephants. They are cute in a weird, awkward way.
F- Flowers for Algernon - Chris just informed me, that at the rate I'm going, my blog post is going to be comparable to the format of this book.
G-Giddy. Man is a giddy thing.
H- Harrison Elliott - pretty freakin' awesome little dude. He makes me really happy and challenges me about 1,000 times a day. He is so stinkin' smart.
I - Ink - Planning another tattoo. I'm thinking of a tree of some sort to represent me & the hubs, with our names incorporated. I'd like to incorporate our kids into it as well. I need an artist friend to design it for me.
J- Jesus is a friend. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-NOZU2iPA8&feature=share
K- Kids. They drive me batty but I love them so much it hurts. They are such a big part of I have become in the past 6 years and I would not trade them for anything.
L -Lionel Ritchie. His name and face has brought me endless tears of laughter since August-ish.
M-Marriage. I freakin' love him. He is the only man I've ever loved.  He has my whole heart. He makes me happy. He pisses me off too. But I still love him like crazy.
N-Naps. I don't take them. Chris would take them all of the time. H & K don't take them. Sam does. I would love to, but I'm a freak and I can't take a nap unless I'm pregnant. Not enough reason for me...
O- Obligatory. I just really like saying that word.
P-Pearly - She is so girly, and I'm sooo not. She twirls, dances, giggles, hugs and gives me hugs, just because. She is very pink and sparkly. She is wonderful.
Q- Quilt. I want to make a quilt. We have some really cool pieces from Cho's great grandma that I just need to put on a backing.
R- Reggae. Because I happen to be listening to a reggae-ish song right now.
S- Samchop - seriously the coolest baby dude, ever. He keeps me on my toes, but I love that kid so much. He is awesome. He makes me smile like a million times a day.
T- Troglodyte. Cave dweller!
U-Unadventurous. I do not want to live my life lacking boldness.
V- Violet. If we were to ever have another girl, her name is Violet.
W- Wookie. We are Star Wars fans.
X- Xanthan gum. It is a food additive. Because what else start with x?
Y- Yankee Doodle went to town riding on a pony.
Z-Zap - see video listed under "J".

So there you have it. And by the way, the box of wine was the good kind.

4 comments:

mctora said...

sometimes, i worry that i tell you this too much... but sometimes, i worry that i don't tell you this enough. but i just love you! this post made me laugh, and i really needed it right now.
i'm glad your wine was the good kind.
you make me want a cactus.
can't wait for our dreads!
man is a giddy thing :)
JESUS IS A FRIEND! thanks for getting it stuck in my head.. again.
i don't know how i ever lived without lionel being such a prominent part of my life!
i want to learn how to make a quilt. maybe that can be a good summer project for me...
troglodyte. what a fabulous word!
zap! again, stuck in my head. awesome.

you spin me right round, jesus, right round. like a record, jesus, right round round round.

Catherine said...

You are awesome. I love you!

The Happy Holbrooks :) said...

Mctora, I love you to the moon and back. You are my fur-it girl that I don't share DNA with.

Cacti are awesome because they don't require much water and if it doesn't tell me that it needs to eat, I generally don't feed it.

Quilting - let's do it.

Thank you for now getting that other song in my head. Zap!

The Happy Holbrooks :) said...

Catherine! I love you too, girl! How was your wine?