Sunday, June 29, 2014

Serenity

Psalm 143:8
"Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you. "

I prayed that Psalm to my heavenly Father yesterday morning in an uber girly room at a beautifully serene bed and breakfast in Rogersville, Alabama. 

I trusted Him. I walked in a beautiful meadow of wildflowers that He made just for us. All a part of His masterpiece. I was enveloped in His peace. Every step that I took I could sense His calming presence. 





I struggle with anxiety. It comes and goes and here lately, it has definitely been coming more than going. Just walking around the peaceful fields and being able to listen to the quiet. Listening to the squish of mud under my feet. Hearing the song of the cicadas. In tune with the melody of birds.  It spoke to my soul. He spoke to my soul. He touched my soul. 

Later on that day, I walked around a pretty park in the Shoals and viewed Coldwater Falls. I was surrounded by His peace once again. The cold water on my toes. The mist from the falls and the cool breeze upon my skin. He was there showing me His goodness.



Psalm 34: 8 
"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him."

Walking around the birthplace of Helen Keller, Ivy Green, and feeling inspired by her story. 
Determined to have an even better school year with my children after listening to the words of Helen's speech to the Lion's Club. Helen's teacher took the time to learn about her and therefore she broke through the "dark, silent, imprisonment". Feeling courageous and ready to tackle the new school year because of the promises He has made to me. 

2 Timothy 1:7
"For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline."
 

Experiencing deep conversations and plenty of goofiness with a dear friend that connects us in a spiritual way. Knowing that God crossed our paths for a specific reason and thankful for a friend who understands me so well. 


Photo creds: Sarah Tullock

God gently reminded me of His peace. He reminded me that I can be strong and brave. I needed the reminder.

- Peace out.

 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

love this. i loved following yalls trip on instagram. i felt sweet peace just reading your words. Thanks!