Thursday, January 01, 2015

A New Year Full of Awesome Things

I absolutely love a new year. A new year holds so much promise. I get another year older, another year wiser, and married a little bit longer to my main man. My children continue to grow and discover the world around them and it is just all a really awesome thing. As do many, I love to organize things and declutter my life as well as work on priorities. Just like most others, I probably don't keep a lot of these new habits, but I'm a dreamer. That's just the life of a dreamer like myself. I love to dream of new possibilities and what might be. I love to think of better ways to do things and how I can make myself become a better version of me. I would love to be more of a doer. Hmmmm....maybe that should be a goal for 2015. But I have digressed.....

I was studying my last devotion of the year and one of the scriptures to read was Romans 15:13.

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." 



Then I read in another devotion, John 14: 26-28 It is Jesus speaking. The words gave me chills. I'm pretty sure I've read this passage often, but for some reason it really hit me.

"But when the Father sends the Advocate as my representative - that is, the Holy Spirit - he will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I have told you. I am leaving you with a gift - peace of mind and heart. And that peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don't be troubled or afraid."

So these two passages stayed in my heart over the course of the day. We have a gift. A very important gift. We have peace of mind and heart. It is a kind of peace that nothing else in the world can give. Sometimes my anxiety is over the top, but then I read this. He gives ME peace. A peace that is different. Our God of Hope fills us with JOY and PEACE as we trust HIM. We can OVERFLOW with HOPE by the power of the Holy Spirit. Did you read that? It said overflow. Overflow with hope. Wow.

I don't know about you, but those promises are comforting. So as we go into our new year filled with new adventures, new life, new jobs, moving,  possibilities,  major life changes, or whatever it may be for you - remember, He's got this. HE has GOT this. He has you. He gives you peace. Be brave. Take risks. You might fail. In fact, you probably will fail at some things. It is okay. I promise. You'll keep going. You'll make it. Do some hard stuff. Do some fun stuff. Do some silly stuff. Allow yourself to love and experience joy like never before. He doesn't promise a perfect life, but he promises us something that the world cannot offer - a peace like no other - and I'm clinging to that promise. 

~ Peace out homies. May your 2015 be peaceful, full of hope, lots of joy, and rockin' all at the same time. 

No comments: