Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sometimes I just don't understand why...

So my husband calls me this morning to inform me that he got out of a meeting at work and the entire company will be taking a 10% decrease in pay effective May 1st...gee thanks for the warning.

I'm trying not to flip out about it but I am . I know God will take care of us but I still worry. I worry because as a one very modest income family this decrease in pay is detrimental to us. Because what we have left over after meeting all of our obligations is not 10% of our monthly income and I really don't know what else we can cut out. We do not live extravagantly by all means. I am trying to brainstorm ways that I can make some extra money but I already do everything I can. I pray that God blesses our garden this year so I can can and freeze a ton of veggies. I'm going to try to revamp our menu to try to decrease our grocery budget which isn't big to begin with. I don't really know what else to cut though.

I know there is a reason for this and I may not understand it and may never understand. I know there are many families that do not have food to eat every day or a house to sleep in. I am blessed to have what we have. I am thankful he still has his job and the pay decrease was not larger but it honestly does not make it any easier to digest at this point.

No comments: