Wednesday, December 07, 2011

To My Love

I love you and I know you know it. But I hope you know how much I love you. You consume my thoughts. Good or bad, you consume them. You are my best friend. You are my soul mate. You make me crazy, giddy, angry, silly, frustrated, and joyful.

Twelve years ago when I was cooking dinner for you and just your friend, I had no idea. No idea. I was in my "bad boy" phase and you weren't even close to that. Still aren't, and that's cool. I had no idea that you would make me a wife, a mother and a different person. A better person.

I love you. I love your eyes. I even love your beard. I love your thick hands. I love your ridiculously corny jokes. I love how you still give me butterflies when we go on dates and the way my hands tingle when you hold them. I love that you give things voices and that you make up silly songs about everything with me. I love sharing my life with you and I can't wait to share many more years with you.

You make me want to be a better person. After nearly 12 years together, and 10 1/2 of them being married, we've had our shares of high and lows. It  hasn't  always been easy and some days seemed impossible, but I know that God gave us each other for our lifetime and that makes me happy. You rock.

I love you, Christopher.

No comments: