Saturday, December 05, 2015

It's a Wondeful Life?


I’m sitting here watching It’s a Wonderful Life. The main guy’s life just falls apart. He is just completely overwhelmed and feels like the world would be better off with out him. I’m just sitting here thinking, I get it dude. I get it.

Sometimes I look around and I get completely overwhelmed. There is so much I need to do. Such much I want to do. Such much I thought I would do. So much I can’t do. It’s disheartening.

I can’t seem to keep my house clean for more than a few days. There so are many things I want to make, but I just don’t have the time. I’m constantly questioning my path in life. Am I doing what I am supposed to be doing? There are so many people I want to help, but it’s just too much.

There are many days I try so hard to do all of these things and yet when I lay down at night, I still fail. I feel like I am running in a race that I will never win. When it gets get too bad, I just quit. I quit trying.

I need a miracle. We all need a miracle. Even if you have it all together, you need a miracle. Because eventually life will drag you down. Life can be so cold and hard. Sometimes we feel like what we do will never matter.

When my emotions start into that downward spiral, I remind myself that even though life may not always be wonderful, there are so many wonderful things in life. If you know me well, you know that my faith is important to me. My life wouldn’t have much purpose, if I didn’t have my faith. I’ve abandoned my faith in the past, but ultimately I know that sweet baby Jesus, was sent here for me. He redeemed me and through Him I have found true grace. I don’t deserve it. I didn’t earn it, but I have it.

And then there are people. Those people in your life that get you through. The ones in your family. The ones who you’ve made family. You know, your people. They remind you that even when things are hard, you aren’t alone.  You make memories with these people. They become the people that are on the pages of your life story. They help you write the story.

It’s definitely true, that life may not be wonderful, but so many things are truly good and wonderful in life. Having a special someone. A hug from your child. A warm smile from a stranger. A compliment from a friend. A good song that stirs your soul. Cuddling with a pet. Reading a good book. A hot bath. Making someone else smile. Laughing until you almost pee on yourself. Your favorite drink. A good night’s sleep. Your favorite pants/shirt being clean and ready to wear. Netflix binges. Being creative. The smell of a new baby’s head. Having a friend who is just as weird as you. I could keep rambling on, but you get the point.

Tonight when I go to bed with tons of laundry, a messy house, a bag of unfinished crochet projects, and still questioning if I'm on the right path,  I’m going to think about all of these good things. I pray you can find your wonderful things and keep on trucking, friends.

~Peace out homies

No comments: