Friday, November 14, 2008

Movie Night and Monkey Mix

Well all of us in this house are Jon and Kate plus 8 fans...we tivo it. So the movie night and the monkey mix were not my ideas. We had our first official Family Movie Night and I made some Monkey Mix. Chris and I really enjoyed the Monkey Mix. I enjoyed my two beers after the snack even more. We watched The Clone Wars and it was pretty cool. I could see my dear husband's eyes lighting up thinking of when Harrison starts getting into all of the Star Wars toys. They each have their own light saber (the cheap ones) so I imagine the next time we watch this they will fight. Kadie enjoyed it after she had her booby fix. She sat in my lap while sucking her 2 favorite fingers and kept looking up and smiling at me. It really is a precious face too...a little upside down face looking up and smiling around her fingers. Ooh, I love that face. Did I mention that Chris built a fire so that we could enjoy a nice fire while watching our movie. I really think this will be a fun tradition to start. Harrison and I had to run to the store between dinner and the movie to get the stuff to make the Monkey Mix. I'm already looking forward to next Friday. I'm thinking we will end up with Kung Fu Panda or Wall-E. Maybe Chris will stay awake for the entire movie next time!

Monkey Mix
Prep Time:15 min
Start to Finish:15 min
Makes:18 servings (1/2 cup each)


Ingredients:
9 cups Chex® cereal (any variety)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar


Preparation Directions:
1. Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
2. In 1-quart microwavable bowl, stir together chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Microwave uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
3. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.

Stove-Top Directions: Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside. In 1-quart saucepan, heat chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter over low heat, stirring frequently, until melted. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to blogging!! I love reading and keeping up with you!! Love,
Cindy

The Happy Holbrooks :) said...

thanks! I'm trying to make time to do it again. I enjoy it..definitely an outlet!