Thursday, May 26, 2005

Alicia's First Entry 5/27/05

Well it is 11:42pm on Thursday night and this is the first chance I've had to write in this blog thing Chris created. I am pretty tired so I won't write much. This has been a pretty rough week with the baby. Chris was home for the first week and my mom stayed with us the second week. I am on my own this week. Monday wasn't too bad. We made our first trip together and he was pretty good...slept most of the time. I had to feed him between trips to Babies R Us and Target. He pitched a fit in Target also. Tuesday was really bad. He only slept about 1 hour during the day total. Needless to say when Chris got home from work I was a frazzled mess and desperately needed a break (He's crying now...I think Chris is going to check on him). Tuesday seemed like the longest day on earth. Wednesday he was extremely fussy and stayed awake until we took a car ride to the hospital for the breastfeeding support group. He has gained 8 ounces since he was 1 week old! I could hardly get him to stay awake to eat at the support group...go figure. He slept the whole way home. We had my birthday party with his mom's side of the family that evening and he slept almost the whole night there. Something about car rides and being around people that makes this child sleep. Today has been okay. He has taken a few cat naps. I think he has hit his growth spurt today because he wants to eat every hour which is wearing me out. In fact it's been an hour since his last feeding and duty is about to call. Daddy is holding him off right now. I have a feeling tonight is going to be a LONG rough night. Well, I don't even remember what I was going to write next...I am exhausted and ready for bed but I have to feed the little man first. I have no idea when I'll have time to write again....until next time.

No comments: