Monday, May 23, 2005

Monday night

Well the worst day of the week is behind me. Today started with Harrison being cranky at 7AM after trying my best to make him happy I handed him over to mommy. Only to be informed that the diaper that I changed at 5AM wasn't even covering his butt. OK OK OK, so I'm not the best diaper changer in the world. However, like some people I haven't been hosed down yet. Is it my keen instinct? Nope, it is probably that the ratio that Alicia changes to the number I change is so much more, it's bound to happen to her more. I know I've set myself up for it a number of times, I just look down and think, "OH NO, please don't start that stuff yet!"

Anyway, I went off to work at my usual time, and the remaining members of the Holbrook family were still sound asleep. My first assignment at work was to stop by a Orchard Knob middle to shoot their 8th grade graduation...why you ask....YOU GOT ME! Well I arrived only to be told it was last Friday...UH O....Somebody goofed. Any way, I worked with Tonisha again, today makes 6 day's in a row. That's fine, I like her, we get along great, and I think we usually work well together and produce good stories. Anyway, if anyone cares, I doubt you do, she and I worked on the closing of two Elementary schools in Chattanooga, and how one had been opened since the 20's and had to be rebuilt after a horrible fire in the 50's. Oh yeah, and the best news from my side of the day is the gift we received from Thom Benson. It's a shirt from Bass Pro Shops that has a big fish on it that say's "my fish", then a little fish that say's "daddy's fish", and below that it say's, "I'm a fast learner". AWESOME! I'm so thankful of the great family and friends we have to give such cool gifts!

Alicia however had a very eventful day with Harrison. After finally being able to drive she was getting cabin fever and they went shopping. The usual Target, Babies-r-us, was on the chore list. Alicia had a horrible ordeal with Target online, so she just decided to cancel her order and buy her breast pump at B.R.U. Good choice since Target online doesn't know when it will ship, and she can buy it off the shelf at BRU. So, when I called at 4PM I heard this HORRIBLE racket in the background, after asking ALI informed me it was the pump. AHH, happiness, now she can get some sleep and I can feed the baby during the night. Other than that, I'm not really sure what those two did all day. (this is where I hope Alicia finds time to enter her stuff, It's all second hand on my part).

Well then tonight was capped off with a visit from our friends Jason and Jennifer, we always enjoy their visits. Tonight J & J brought alicia by a b-day card with a Gift Certificate in it. (always a cool gift!) Then we sat around the kitchen table and talked as Harrison showed everyone how much he enjoy's his kick and play bouncy seat. He didn't as much as whimper after he was fed and put in that thing. It has some flashing lights on it, and the chair itself vibrates...so he's in heaven. During their visit we made the decision to not take him out of the house for a few day's until the hicky he put in his own arm goes away. YES I SAID A HICKY HE PUT ON HIS OWN ARM. The kids nuts when he wants food. Everything is fair game to be sucked. He's tried nursing SEVERAL women, (and men) along with my nose more than once.

Well they are both passed out and waiting on daddy to get everyone in bed...so until next time!

Love to all,
Chris

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris,

You are such an awesome dad! I loved reading your entries. You guys are so much fun even when you think you're not.

Love you guys,
Shannon

Anonymous said...

I love hearing about how you guys are doing! I can't wait to meet Harrison.
Love,
Cindy