Saturday, August 20, 2011

Stepping out of my comfort zone

There have been several things constantly in my mind for the past two weeks. I'm reading two different books that are unrelated, yet both compelling the same changes. I mentioned Chasing Daylight already and the other book is The Irresistible Revolution: Living as an Ordinary Radical. I am really enjoying both books but they are also making me uncomfortable as I feel they have really challenged me. They have challenged me to really come out of my bubble of Christianity.

Some cool concepts that have come out of these books for me, is that I'm praying daily for opportunities to be able to do something for others in Christian love. I'm trying to be very sensitive and aware so that I can be receptive to these moments and not miss any opportunities. I'm also really trying to see the small miracles in my daily somewhat mundane life. Every day I am given is a miracle and I feel it is to be celebrated and cherished.

Risk and moving out of my comfort zone is what I'm dealing with right now. I'm not sure where it is taking me. I'm trying not to be invisible. A great quote from Chasing Daylight that I must share is :
     "The most important decisions of our lives will require us to forsake invisibility and risk becoming visible.
       Whenever you choose to seize divine moments, you move from invisibility to visibility."

I am generally the type of person that likes to be invisible. I really feel that God is calling me out of my comfort zone to become more visible and I must say that I am finally ready for it. I am praying daily for my opportunities and praying to have an open heart to be willing to take the risk, even if it means failing. Because living is failing and succeeding and I'm ready to do both. Bring it on!





No comments: