Thursday, August 18, 2011

Randomness

Nothing inspirational tonight. Just random thoughts going through my head.

Sleep is overrated. In all seriousness, I hate that I can't sleep. It has a.l.w.a.y.s. been an issue for me. In fact, I cannot nap unless I'm pregnant. I'm a weirdo. I cannot turn off my brain.

I really wish there was a word to replace the "F" word. One of my major fails is my mouth. I have gotten soooooo much better since having children. Harrison started a list on the fridge so he can keep track of our bad words. Of course, bad words in our house are "butt, stupid, dumb". Sometimes, there is just no word that replaces the "F" word. I hate that. Major FAIL. Along those lines, I once read an article/study that said there aren't actually enough words in written vocabulary that can express what a woman is feeling. I can totally relate. I often struggle with the right words to describe what I'm feeling. I also read the dictionary for fun. I never said I was cool.

My "go to" music is the Indigo Girls. Belting the IG at the top of my lungs is just therapeutic. Patty Griffin is a close second. Something about twangy and folksy chicks singing their a@$es off while playing the hell out of their guitars is just plain ol' therapeutic. And both of the aforementioned groups/singers sound just as AWESOME live as they do on CDs/radio.

I'm on an absolute spiritual high this week. I cannot explain it. I feel as if the things that God has been trying to get through my incredibly thick skull for years is finally sticking. I'm 34 and finally sorta kinda getting it. Amazing. Absolutely amazing what can happen if you finally let go of yourself and let Jesus shine through. I love that Jesus still loves me if I say the "F" word or if I have baby snot on my shirt. I love what happens when you say, "I'm yours. Use me. Put me where you want me. I know you got my back. We're cool like that."

 I love the word "dude". I had a dog named Dude when I was a child, so this has been a long love affair with the word.

That was a glimpse of about 5 minutes in my brain. It is a strange place to be sometimes. 




2 comments:

Leigh Anne said...

Have you tried Regina Spektor or Ingrid Michaelson?

The Happy Holbrooks :) said...

No, but I will! Thanks :)