Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Friends

I have been so amazingly blessed with such wonderful friends. I have the privilege of being part of a very tight knit Sunday School class and a newly formed Ladies Bible Study. Some of my dearest friends in the world have come through these outlets. I'm so incredibly thankful for God placing each and everyone of these ladies in my life. It is awesome to know that if I call or text one of these ladies about anything, I have support. Whether it be venting, needing prayer or just for a laugh, I'm covered. 

In addition to my church friends, I have my cloth diapering friends. Most of whom, I've never even met in real life. We met through a message board over cloth diapers and share a love for all things crunchy. Now we just chat daily about life. And we are from all walks of life and backgrounds. These ladies are absolutely amazing. They have been there for me, just as much as my local friends. In fact, when I lost my dad, they were one of my greatest support networks.

Then there are my friends that have just always been friends. They've been friends so long, they just fall into that group of my dear friends. Past co-workers, college, friends of a friend or we grew up together.These girls are awesome. Most of them have probably seen me through my highs and lows of all areas of life, yet they are still hanging around. 

I consider myself to be blessed. Very blessed. I will wrap up this with a few of my favorite quotes.

"My friends are my estate."
- Emily Dickinson 

"Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light."
- Helen Keller 

"When we seek to discover the best in others, we somehow bring out the best in ourselves."
-William Arthur Ward 

"The world would be so lonely, in sunny hours or gray. Without the gift of friendship, to help us every day."
- Hilda Brett Farr    

2 comments:

Delia said...

From one friend to another: Thank you for being a friend, traveling down the road and back again...haha, seriously though. You are an amazing woman and I am blessed to be a part of your life even if it's just over the internet!

The Happy Holbrooks :) said...

haha Delia, I love you! And we will meet soon! I need to message you to firm up details!