Monday, September 05, 2011

something small might make a difference

After my pastor's message this past weekend, I absolutely have to do something. I cannot just sit here in my house passively. I came across this idea while pinning (imagine that) and just have to share it with everyone. Blessing bags  from the Kids With a Vision blog.

For the bags around here I'm thinking of doing the following:
Put everything in a gallon size ziploc bag
chapstick
packages of tissues
toothbrush and sample size toothpaste
comb
soap (although they might not have access to a shower?)
trail mix
fruit cup
granola bars
peanut butter & crackers
pack of gum
band aids
mouthwash
coins
hand wipes
warm pair of socks
hand sanitizer
deodorant
note of encouragement

Any other ideas for the Tennessee area? I'm hoping to get started on these within the next week or so with some others from my church. Who else wants to make these?

No comments: