Monday, January 04, 2010

Just another manic Monday....

Well sort of.

Back to the grind for me. Chris is back to working two jobs so it is back to long days for me. I've got my to do list made and I've scratched off a couple already. I'm dreading the weeks and weeks of long days but I know they are inevitable and it does make me appreciate my time with my whole family more.

Since we are only four days into the new year I've been really thinking about changes I want to make which I touched on in my previous blog. I really want this year to be the year I proudly look back on and say that was a very accomplished great year. I know the biggest factor is me and making sure I don't get lazy. I know that I thrive on structure and routine so I just have to keep myself at it. I am notorious for overshooting and setting too many unachievable goals so I'm trying to be more reasonable this year but I feel like the sky is the limit.

Two big things that I want to get accomplished this year...working out and taking my kids somewhere every week. Since becoming a SAHM I've become a homebody.  Sure we go visit my mom and get groceries but that is all. And lets just say it is embarrassing at how long it has been since I've worked out consistently. We got two memberships for Christmas (Thanks Judi!) to the aquarium and the children's museum. So I figured between those two things and possibly getting a zoo membership and going to the mall playground, parks/playgrounds and the library, I will take my children somewhere at least once a week. I will, I will!

As far as the working out, for almost a year it just really wasn't in our budget - but we can fit it in now. And once it was doable, childcare was an issue.  I just discovered the Rush has a special for 2010...20.10 per month with 14 free days and they have childcare. I sent an email inquiry for more information. As long as I'm not committing myself to some insane contract and the childcare is provided in the cost, I'm probably going that route. Ideally I'd like to go 4 times a week.

I'm looking into either The Little Gym or the CDC Playgym to give Kadie something to do while Harrison is in Mom's Day Out. Both have a Tuesday morning class which would work perfectly for our schedule. I am waiting to hear back on those. I get a free class at either place so I may try them both out.

My mind has been consumed with all things home schoolsince last week. After laying in bed thinking about it last night I think I might be picking too much for Kindergarten and I probably need to back down a bit. And I think if we go the church related school route, rather than registering with the LEA that I am not held to schooling him for 4 hours a day. Four hours a day is a lot for one child, especially at that age when it is one on one time. I can't imagine how on earth we'd fill up 4 hours without him becoming insanely bored. Not to mention the fact that I still have a toddler that needs attention. I know it can be done because mom's do it all the time. Our big thing is trying to keep him on track with TN standards because we aren't sure if we are committing to homeschooling for the entirety or just until he gets accepted into CSAS.

So I think that is all for now. Lots on my mind but I must start straightening up the playroom now!

No comments: