Sunday, January 17, 2010

Love

So my pastor spoke on love today. It really got me thinking. Our church's new mission statement is - Love God. Love Others. Offer them Christ. It seems so simple. So basic. But really...

I mean if you truly love God you will desire to be close to Him. You will hunger to be in His word. You will remain in a spirit of prayer throughout the day. You will try to keep keep His commandments.

Why is it so hard? Why does everything in my life keep me from doing this?

I have been on many paths throughout my almost 33 (yikes) years of living. Paths I look back on fondly and paths I'd prefer to forget. Lessons learned. Mistakes made. Tons of growing. I had a lengthy detour during most of my college years and during the early years of our marriage. Those are years I cannot get back. But one thing I can say is that I have always loved people  and even in my darkest years I still knew God loved me and expected me to love others.

I want this to be my own personal mission statement for the rest of my life. I do love God. I want to serve Him. I want to be close to Him and learn more and more about Him.

I love my husband and my children dearly. As well as the rest of my family. And my church family and my friends. I want this love to be manifested in everything I do.

If you read this blog, hold me accountable, please!

No comments: